Van Driver Needed
- Drive a 5 passenger van and safely transport the elderly around the Monroe area and assist passengers with loading and unloading groceries, shopping bags etc.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers transported by the center in a friendly and professional manner.
- Familiarize self with the vehicle, daily maintenance checks and report any repairs needed.
- Schedule vehicle for maintenance work as needed and for when schedule allows.
- Develop and provide updated schedules on a regular basis.
- Keep the vehicle clean on the inside and outside to ensure safety and a professional appearance.
- Make sure cell phone is readily charged and working properly.
- Keep a daily maintenance log of mileage driven, and expenses incurred. Turn receipts and any paperwork into Program Coordinator.
- Maintain good communication with Senior Center staff as issues and questions arise.
- Abide by all safety regulations, laws and ordinances while driving for Monroe Community Senior Center.
- Report all accidents, including personal injury of self and/or passenger, to the Director, regardless of whether there is apparent damage and/or injury.
- Report any traffic citations, accidents, and/or conviction or change in driver’s license status, whether incurred during or outside of work for MCSC.
- No tips can be accepted, although riders can donate to the center.
- Must pass drug pre-employment drug screening.
- Must possess a valid WA State Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Must have a working cell phone.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs and navigate stairs.
- Have an eye test on file with the Senior Center updated at least every 3 years.
- Consent to annual motor vehicle record, medical examination and criminal history checks.
- Consent to random urinalysis tests when requested.
- Agree to and sign Accident Policy.
Hours of work: Varies according to center and/or participant schedule (6-12 hours per week) with occasional weekend and/or evening driving for trips and special events.
APPLY AT PROGRAMS@MCSC.ORG or stop by for an application.