COOK JOB DESCRIPTION
Monroe Community Senior Center is looking for a part time lunch cook.
We are looking for someone with a basic understanding of working in a kitchen and has general cooking knowledge. The right fit for us means having an enthusiastic, compassionate attitude. Along with the desire to provide a quality lunch to our Members.
Hours for the position are every Monday and Tuesday with occasional Wednesdays:
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Cooking and serving lunch on time to Senior Center Members. Most of the menu is pre-planned and needs assembling and/or reheating
- Maintaining necessary food services paperwork (temps, ingredients, inventory, etc…)
- Instruction of volunteers
- Cleaning of kitchen to include:
- Tables in Main Hall used for food services
- Attend off-site monthly cooks meetings (mileage reimbursed)
- Work with Senior Services Rep to correct any issues or problems
- Maintain inventory for the Center so all items needed are on hand
- Make sure all kitchen supplies are clean and up to health codes
- Maintain Food Handlers cards for volunteers or others in kitchen
High School diploma or GED.
General knowledge of cooking techniques.
Current state of Washington food workers’ card.
Must enjoy working with a Senior population.
Email resume to: email@example.com or stop in for an application