Monroe Community Senior Center
Activity Coordinator 2019
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Program Manager with the coordination of all activities of MCSC. Some activities at MCSC include: classes, groups, clinics, services, Mobility Lifeline, events, and trips.
- Be responsible for proper table/chair setup for all classes/events. Communicate this schedule with staff to ensure proper setup as needed.
- Work with Program Manager to schedule the location and times of all classes ensuring that space is adequate for the activity and attendees.
- Actively work on new activity ideas.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with community groups, businesses, and members as it relates to setting up classes, workshops, events and clinics.
- Recruit, oversee, and schedule volunteers for programs. Retain volunteers through meaningful and regular contact, follow-ups and recognition. Recruit new members and participants. Encourage increased participation from membership and general public in all activities. (promotional efforts, personal contacts, thank yous, etc). Solicit ideas and suggestions from the membership.
- Assist with facility rentals, transportation program and nutrition program.
- Visit each activity as appropriate for first hand awareness of attendance, and any needs or concerns.
- Create and contribute content for website, press releases, email blasts, Facebook posts, newsletter publication, etc. as delegated by Program Manager.
- Assist Program Manager with event coordination. Follow event protocol and event wrap-up. Get donations from local business and individuals to support program and event sponsorship as much as possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles (e.g., low income, minorities, frail, and disabled).
- Ability to respond to multiple demands in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with staff, volunteers and seniors.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-energy environment and contribute positively within a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media platforms.
- Must have a valid WA state Driver’s License and successfully pass a safe driver health screening.
- Ability to adapt to changes as they arise with a positive attitude.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Food Handler’s Card required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Note: All employees are subject to WA State Patrol Criminal History Background Check and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
Hours of work: Part time, to be determined, flexible requiring occasional evenings and weekends
Supervision: Program Manager
Compensation: DOE, merit based increases
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org