Monroe Community Senior Center
The main purpose of this position is to serve as the lead front desk receptionist and provide a warm, welcoming and inviting experience to all who enter the Monroe Community Senior Center while maintaining an organized and efficient front desk.
- Greet guests with a positive, helpful attitude and provide excellent customer service.
- Handle multi line phone system to include answering and transferring calls and checking voicemail.
- Schedule and register trips, events, membership, transportation, classes, appointments, etc.
- Manage, support and train the front desk volunteer team, ensure adequate staffing levels, delegate duties and facilitate regular front desk volunteer meetings.
- Oversee member services. Manage member application process. Coordinate tours for all prospective members. Facilitate monthly new member meeting along with development of orientation packets. Recruit new members, volunteers and participants.
- Maintain MCSC volunteer database. Process background checks on all volunteers.
- Assist and direct visitors and information to the correct staff person.
- Maintain a tidy reception area, keeping flyers current throughout MCSC.
- Manage the cash flow at the front desk and thrift store following established accounting practices.
- Assist with morning opening procedures and duties.
- Receive and distribute donations and deliveries.
- Understand and promote daily activities and special events and know where they take place within MCSC.
- Compile statistical reports at the end of the month, quarter and year.
- Create and maintain an organized sign-up process, registration process and filing system.
- Act as staff assistant for Legacy Society and assist staff with administrative tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles (e.g., low income, minorities, frail, and disabled).
- Ability to respond to multiple demands in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with staff, volunteers and seniors.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-energy environment and contribute positively within a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks.
- Ability to adapt to changes as they arise with a positive attitude.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Food Handler’s Card required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Note: All employees are subject to WA State Patrol Criminal History Background Check and must complete a
Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
Hours of work: 8am – 1pm Monday – Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
Supervision: Executive Director
Compensation: DOE, merit based increases